The Village Area
The village of Careva Livada is situated in the front parts of the Middle Balkan Mountain. To the north of Careva Livada,
a high steep slope towers with excavations of an old fortress, called in the past "The Town", and later Ė "Strinava".
The name of the historical stronghold is related to the establishment and strengthening of the Second Bulgarian State and, more precisely, to the war with the Byzantine emperor Isak Angel with Asen, the first tsar of the Second Bulgarian State, in 1190, and the formidable defeat of the Byzantine armies. The history and legends talk, that on the village area in the past lush meadows spread where, because of the proximity to Veliko Tarnovo, the court stables were located and the tsarís horses grazed.
In the neighbourhood beautiful rock massifs prevail, panorama formations and uplands, forests and glades.